Questions for the NearFar Guys!

Go down

Questions for the NearFar Guys!

Post by NearFar Greg on Tue May 27, 2008 5:35 pm

Anything you ever wanted to know about NearFar! Asks usks! I mean, ask us! Verily, we shall render you with answers.
NearFar Greg
The Web-Master's Master

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Questions for the NearFar Guys!

Post by lillypadyea. on Fri Jun 06, 2008 11:10 pm

I'm curious... how old are you guys? And you're making a full-length movie?! Sweetness! So ...any info on this sure-to-be-amazing flick?
lillypadyea.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by NearFar Jack on Fri Jun 06, 2008 11:57 pm

Our ages are closley guarded secrets... closley guarded by a close guard of cave trolls in the mountains... who feed off of... closley guarded breadsticks... purchased with... closley guarded spanish gold.

Anyways, yeah, the plan is to make a full-length movie. At least that's what the Hollywood guys are telling us. Things have been kind of slow, but we have high hopes!

The info that I can say is, it's not going to be a "SkippyShorts" movie, per se, but more a movie starring the character of Skippy? Make sense? NearFar has it's own plans for SkippyShorts movies, though it'll be a while till we have time for those. Smile

NearFar Greg can actually tell you a bit more about the movie, he's a bit more involved in the details than I. He wrote the script too! Cool

So ask him, not me! Wink
NearFar Jack
The Web-Master

View user profile http://skippyshorts.com/nearfar2

Back to top Go down

Post by Rolfje on Sun Jun 08, 2008 1:34 am

Who has made the Skippy- and Finny-puppets? Smile
Rolfje

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by NearFar Jack on Mon Jun 09, 2008 12:26 am

Rolfje wrote:Who has made the Skippy- and Finny-puppets? Smile

Skippy was actually found by us. I've been puppeteering an making films since I was in grade school. I can't recall how I stumbled upon the Skippy Puppet, back then he looked different, and played some background roles in some of my movies. However, when I met NearFar Greg, we added the famous Skippy Hair to the puppet, and he instantly became the "Skippy" we love and know. A Star was born.

Finney was manufactured by a company called Wynn Miller Mopkins, it went out of business back in the 80s. Since we got Finney, we've been hunting around for other Wynn Miller puppets. Smile
NearFar Jack
The Web-Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Fuzzyandtoast on Mon Jun 09, 2008 4:31 pm

i HAVE A QUESTION
my mom calls you creppy green things
(though she loves skippy)
my question is
WHY ARE U GREEN?!?!?!?!?
ARE YA'LL GUYSES THE INCREDIBLE HULKS LONG LOS BROTHERS>
Smile
Fuzzyandtoast
Extra

View user profile http://www.freewebs.com/fuzzyandtoast/index.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by plmka3 on Sun Jun 22, 2008 9:40 am

You guys know you were tagged a few months ago, right. In the Youtube tag game, you need to tell people 5 facts about you, and tag 5 other people.
plmka3

Location : some house, in some town, in some state, in some country, on some continent, on some planet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Fuzzyandtoast on Sun Jun 22, 2008 12:52 pm

plmka3 wrote:You guys know you were tagged a few months ago, right. In the Youtube tag game, you need to tell people 5 facts about you, and tag 5 other people.

yea ya'll guys were tagged like a long time ago
Fuzzyandtoast
Extra

Back to top Go down

Post by Roseate Spoonbill on Sun Jun 22, 2008 9:57 pm

Jack, Greg, why did you edit out that first part of the second Hillary Clinton video?
Roseate Spoonbill

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by NearFar Jack on Sat Jun 28, 2008 12:18 pm

Fuzzyandtoast wrote:i HAVE A QUESTION
my mom calls you creppy green things
(though she loves skippy)
my question is
WHY ARE U GREEN?!?!?!?!?
ARE YA'LL GUYSES THE INCREDIBLE HULKS LONG LOS BROTHERS>
Smile

We had a terrible accident. We fell into giant vatts of Broccoli. If you think we look weird you should smell us.

plmka3 wrote:You guys know you were tagged a few months ago, right. In the Youtube tag game, you need to tell people 5 facts about you, and tag 5 other people.

Is that tag thing still going on? Sweet, we''ll get on that. Thanks fer the heads up.

Roseate Spoonbill wrote:Jack, Greg, why did you edit out that first part of the second Hillary Clinton video?

Sorry to ignore your question before, Mr. Spoonbill. Wink I actually had to leave town and was unable to answer. I am back though! Ok... well, I've gotten this question quite a few times. So here's the reason. SkippyShorts is a democracy, not a monarchy, so sometimes decisions have to be made by not just one person. I do the editing for SkippyShorts, and edited together the original cut of the Hillary Clinton Video, and we released it you youtube. Upon release, we were informed by some close associates of ours that the video was recieving bad reviews, which was true, we had gotten a certain portion of negative comments, and we were advised to cut the first half of the clip and re-release it. Not everyone on the team agreed, including me, but sometimes it's just what you have to do in the business, so we recut the clip and re-released it. I'm going to try to make the original version accessable somehow online, but you may have to wait until our DVD comes out. There are at least 6 clips that never made it to youtube, or were pulled off the air for various reasons, and they will all be available on our DVD.

Anyways, hope that answers your question. Smile
NearFar Jack
The Web-Master

Back to top Go down

Post by PhilyEc on Sun Jun 29, 2008 8:15 pm

Both Nearfar dudes, congratulations on such a successful pursuit.

I've always wondered, what inspired the two of you into puppetry, I know you'll answer me Jack but I would love to hear Greg's story also- if you dont mind Smile
PhilyEc

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/philyec

Back to top Go down

Post by Finney#1Fan on Sat Aug 23, 2008 9:17 pm

Hey guys, heres a question. I seen all the Hillary shows were she cries and im staying in because obama might die(HILARIOUS), but who are you guys thinking should be the next president? Wrinkles, O-BAM-MA, or Clinton? Personally I say the vote goes to Skippy and Finney on the insert name!
Finney#1Fan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Fuzzyandtoast on Sun Sep 14, 2008 2:53 pm

Finney#1Fan wrote:Hey guys, heres a question. I seen all the Hillary shows were she cries and im staying in because obama might die(HILARIOUS), but who are you guys thinking should be the next president? Wrinkles, O-BAM-MA, or Clinton? Personally I say the vote goes to Skippy and Finney on the insert name!
i say Micheal Palin and Sarah Palin would be awesome if they ran
Fuzzyandtoast
Extra

Back to top Go down

Post by superskippy11 on Thu Jun 25, 2009 3:57 pm

Why does Iggy the Iguana have a Spanish accent?
superskippy11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by NearFar Jack on Sun Sep 26, 2010 8:43 am

PhilyEc wrote:Both Nearfar dudes, congratulations on such a successful pursuit.

I've always wondered, what inspired the two of you into puppetry, I know you'll answer me Jack but I would love to hear Greg's story also- if you dont mind Smile

Jim Henson, of course! Smile Seriously, Jim and his Muppets have always been our inspiration. We both grew up loving the Muppet shows and movies. I myself have been puppeteering since I was 10 years old! Sigh... so young.

Finney#1Fan wrote:Hey guys, heres a question. I seen all the Hillary shows were she cries and im staying in because obama might die(HILARIOUS), but who are you guys thinking should be the next president? Wrinkles, O-BAM-MA, or Clinton? Personally I say the vote goes to Skippy and Finney on the insert name!

Skippy and Finney should most certainly be the next presidents. Make it happen. Twisted Evil

superskippy11 wrote:Why does Iggy the Iguana have a Spanish accent?

Iggy is what you might call a French Mexican, or a Frenchxican.

Surprised
NearFar Jack
The Web-Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down